Year of establishment : 1901
Location : 2nd Floor, Manik Chandra Barooah Administrative Building
E mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
History : The Department of Sanskrit, Cotton College is one among the few departments with which Cotton College started functioning in the year 1901. Prof. Paresh Nath Lahiri was the first Head of this Department. During 1907-08, the subjects Assamese and Bengali were taught as separate subjects in this Department and the teachers of this Department took classes of Bengali also. This Department has the distinction of being one among the first six Departments of Cotton College that offered Honours course in the B.A. Classes from the session 1913-14 under Calcutta University. The Post-Graduate Course in Sanskrit Department under Gauhati University was started in 1992.